Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
The top ten book related problems I have
1. Money. I spend way too much money on books and I'm not even ashamed to admit that. If I ever added up the cumulative amount I've spent on books over the years, I think I would cry. I probably could have paid for my entire college education with that money. But, as I always tell my mom, there are worst addictions than a book addiction.
2. Dreams. I tend to have extremely vivid dreams when I read right before I head to bed. Some are great, some are not so great. Like the time I read an action book right before going to sleep and I had a dream that I was shot in the neck. I woke up and my neck hurt exactly where it happened. Let's just say, I have a vivid imagination.
3. Having friends that don't read. As much as I love them, some of my friends are dumb as a box of rocks. I cringe inside when they tell me they haven't read a book since high school. It's hard to have an interesting conversation with someone when I have to stop and explain what a word means. For example, I just had this conversation a few days ago:
Me: I feel off today.4. The real world doesn't live up to my expectation. The real world is boring, and no guy will ever be like my book crushes.
Friend: What do you mean you feel off?
Me: I don't know. I just feel like I'm zoning out and a bit lethargic.
Friend: Ash, you know I don't know what lethargic means.
Me: *sighs internally*
5. Trying to figure out what to read next. Sometimes I go in search of a book, only to find 17 books that I now want to read. Or I have the opposite problem. I can't find a single book to fit my reading mood.
6. Finding a comfortable position while I read an entire book. Does anyone else have the problem where you finally find a good sitting position, only to have your butt fall asleep a few chapters in? So you find a new one, and it happens again. Rinse and repeat for the duration of the book.
7. Lack of sleep. I have a problem where I will start a book at 8 p.m., and if it's really good, I'll stay up all night reading it. Its pretty rare for me to not finish a book in one sitting.
8. Rereading something from my youth. I lot of times it doesn't live up to the memory I had of it. I think it's just because as I've gotten older so have my reading tastes.
9. When a series wraps up. There are some characters I never want to let go of. Even if the series is wrapped up in a nice, neat package and everything is resolved, I still want to see more of it.
10. Bookstores. I have actually made a rule for myself where I'm not allowed to wander into a bookstore in passing. It doesn't matter if I'm "just browsing." I WILL walk out two hours later with a pile of books I wasn't planning on reading. Now, if it's part of my plan to go, that's completely allowed.
Great list! I hate it when a series that I've loved finally ends because it feels like part of my life is coming to a close.ReplyDelete
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian
Nice list of book related problems!! I'm trying not to wander into bookstores either as I am a book buying addict!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.htmlReplyDelete
Great list. You've reminded me how glad I am to not be able to really remember my dreams...I'm sure I'd have some super weird ones...ReplyDelete
Check out my TTT and my newest giveaway.
#4 REally speaks to my dreams can't be reality. :(ReplyDelete
TOP TEN TUESDAY
Nice list! #5 is a big problem for me too! I spend so much time deciding between books!ReplyDelete